What You Need To Know
Most frequent questions and answers
Get Connected Call: 0860 017 459
Uncapped, Unshaped & Unthrottled
You will only be able to get internet access once Frogfoot has taken your area live and done an installation to your premises. Placing a pre-order with Lightwire Telecom is the best way to make sure you’re on the list to be in line for connectivity once Frogfoot is finished and everything’s ready to go.
YOU SAVE UP TO
T’s & C’s apply
Let us check if you have Fibre coverage in your area
Most frequent questions and answers
ADSL runs over existing copper wire infrastructure which is often unreliable, heavily contended and offers average speeds of around 4Mbps. Fibre, on the other hand, transmits information as light impulses along flexible glass fibres at incredible speed, allowing users to achieve speeds of up to 1000mbps. Fibre connections are around 250 times faster than ADSL ones.
There is no contract when signing up. Our Fibre is a month to month product.
Select this link https://www.lightwiretelecom.co.za/fibre-live-notification/ fill in the form and one of our sales agents will check if your location is covered.
To sign up for FTTH you need to follow these easy steps:
1. Select Order Now button of the package that you are interested in. Fill in your details on the quick application
2. Once we receive your application form, we will email through a Vox E-Acceptance via SMS and email for acceptance.
3. We will process your order and book your installation with the Fibre Network Operator once all is approved.
1) Site Assessment: A contractor assigned by Vox/Frogfoot will come to your premises to do a site assessment. They will determine if additional external or internal reticulation (cabling/conduit) is required for the installation.
2) Optical network terminal (ONT) installation: The contractor will pull the Fibre into your home and install the ONT device if not already present. In some cases the ONT equipment is installed by the same contractor who conducts the site assessment. In other cases a different contractor will be used.
3) Network testing and handover to Vox: The network will remotely test the connection and once testing has passed, the project is handed over to Vox.
4) CPE (Customer premises equipment) installation: Vox will then send a technician to install the Fibre router at your home. Once the router is connected, you will be up and running on your new Vox Fibre connection.
Your Fibre line installation time-frame is dependent on the network infrastructure provider, the average installation times is 7 – 21 working days.
Is there a cancellation fee ? If you cancel within the first 12 months from installation you will be liable for a claw back fee of R1725.00 to cover router and installation costs.
You may upgrade or downgrade at any time, but please note that the upgrade action may attract a small upgrade fee. Downgrading within the contract term will result in a penalty payable.
A high-end 4-port MikroTik Wi-Fi router is provided with the Fibre installation with which the client can set up their own Wi-Fi hotspot in their home.
Monthly subscriptions are billed in advance while set up fees and top-ups are billed in arrears.
Example: If your invoice date is the 1st March, Vox will add to that invoice your full package subscription cost covering the upfront period (01 March – 31 March). Your first bill will also include a pro-rated period of billing from when the Fibre was activated up until the next billing run where your full subscription will be added, so your first bill may look a lot higher than your base package cost as it may include a pro-rated billing portion from the previous period.
If you are moving premises after 12 months from sign up for Fibre you will not be charged a cancellation fee. If you are moving within the first 12 months you will be charged a cancellation fee unless the new owner / tenant is willing to take over your Fibre line.